You must be logged in to view this page.
Organization Transformation Architect
Ron, CPIM, CIRM, CSCP, MLSSBB, SCOR-P is the founder and CEO (2002) of MetaOps™, Inc. he is an internationally recognized expert in leading-edge business process improvement methodologies. Mr. Crabtree is a Master Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, a Certified Supply Chain Transformation Architect and also an expert in effective change management, facilitation and communications. He has spent more than 20,000 hours providing consulting, training and facilitation for large and small groups for hundreds of organizations internationally on a wide range of topics. He draws on more than 30 years’ experience in implementing Lean, Six Sigma, Supply Chain and other “best practice” methodologies as both an insider and as a consultant in many international industries including insurance & financial services, state/local government, medical/healthcare, automotive assembly plants, complex manufacturing, process manufacturing, repair operations, printing, injection molding, consumer goods, distribution/retailing, and software and more. Ron is the author and architect of the TOP Facilitator© Program that provides the skills needed for change agents and leaders charged with facilitating organizational transformation.
Area of Expertise
- Operational Excellence and business process improvement methodologies: Lean Enterprise, Business Process Reengineering, Supply Chain, Business Process Management, Lean Supply Chain, Lean Information Technology, Demand Flow, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, and Lean Accounting.
- Organizational Change Management.
- Value Stream/Process Mapping, Value Stream Mgt., and Lean Six Sigma Metrics.
- IT Systems including ERP Systems, SCM Planning Systems, S&OP and Demand Flow.
- Operations, Supply Chain Management, and Materials Management.
- Operationalizing Marketing and Sales and Customer-Facing Operations.
- Implementation of Lean Six Sigma techniques, JIT/Pull/KANBAN inventory management, DMAIC, Problem Solving Methodologies, Project Management, Kaizen techniques, TOC, and TPS (Toyota Production System).
- Development and deployment of cost management and cost reduction programs.
- Hands-on implementation and project management of multiple MRP/ERP applications in several manufacturing firms (Project/2, PROMAN, MCBA, MANBASE, ASK/Manman, Pansophic (PMRS), and Oracle Supply Chain Planning and Flow Manufacturing with multiple cycles managing the process of defining, specifying, researching, selecting, and implementing packaged and customized IT solutions for businesses.
- Served as the Technical Director for one of the world’s largest Lean consulting firms, benchmarking IT “lean enablers.” Applications analyzed and benchmarked: Delmia, Oracle Flow Manufacturing, Complete Process Planning Software, CIMx, Entivity, Cell Fusion, i2 Factory Planner, Oracle Demand Flow, Oracle Supply Chain Planning, and others.
- Hands-on involvement and management leadership in moving and starting up four different auto parts manufacturing operations. Project management responsibilities in relocation of two manufacturing business segments from State to State for UTA – a top-tier automotive supplier. Managed end-to-end consolidation of three plants to one for Newcor.
- Leadership in achievement of quality awards/recognition including QS9000/ISO9002.
Mr. Crabtree has held positions in General Management with P&L responsibilities, Materials Management, and Manufacturing Operations Management, consulting post as Oracle Practice Leader, and as a Technical Director for one of the world’s largest lean manufacturing training/consulting practices.
Content developer and instructor for University of San Francisco (Supply Chain and Lean Supply Chain) and Villanova University in their professional education on-line programs (Lean Six Sigma, LSSBB, Masters of Business Analysis, General Business).
- Co-author or author of five books on Operational Excellence and Lean Six Sigma.
- Published in 2011 by MetaOps is Driving Operational Excellence – Successful Lean Six Sigma Secrets to Improve the Bottom Line.
- Text for Villanova University’s LSS program text and the (Lean Six Sigma).
- LSS Primer published by the Quality Council of Indiana (www.qualitycouncil.com).
- For 12 years running he has written the Lean Culture Department in APICS magazine, APICS’ award-winning magazine featuring innovative ideas and real world strategies for inventory, materials, production, and supply chain management; planning and scheduling; purchasing; logistics; warehousing; and e-business solutions. APICS url: www.apics.org
- Spring Arbor College — Spring Arbor, Michigan – BA Management and Organizational Development (Summa Cum Laude)
- APICS Certified CPIM – (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) (expired)
- APICS Certified CIRM – (Certified in Integrated Resource Management)
- APICS Certified CSCP – (Certified Supply Chain Professional)
- APICS Supply Chain SCOR-P (Certified Supply Chain Organizational Reference – Professional)
- CSCTA – Certified Supply Chain Transformation Architect
- Editor and contributing author for MetaOps MagEzine – subscribe at MetaOpsMagazine.com.
- Develop new e-learning programs in Sustainable Process Improvement and Sustainable Change Management for Skillsoft.
- Authored for the State of Michigan – Michigan Government Process Reengineering (MiGPR).
- Authored on-line ezine series – Your Operational Excellence Edge – learn more at operationalexcellenceedge.com.
- Served as an instructor for the University of San Francisco and Villanova University developing and teaching on-line programs in several topical areas including Lean Six Sigma, Supply Chain, Lean Supply Chain, and Masters of Business Analysis.
- Master Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (MLSSBB)
- Co-author/author of five books on Operational Excellence and Lean Six Sigma including a text for Villanova University’s LSS program and the LSS (Lean Six Sigma) Primer published by the Quality Council of Indiana (www.qualitycouncil.com).
- Authors the “Lean Culture” Department for APICS Magazine 11 years running – http://www.apics.org/search#keyword=Ron%20Crabtree (with 30,000 international monthly readers. More about APICS can be found on the web at apics.org.
- Director-at-Large, Board of Directors for the Greater Detroit Chapter of APICS.
- Conducts Educational Programs on Lean Six Sigma, Supply Chain Management and Change Management for more than 50 diverse businesses and organizations. A partial listing of standard program offerings at this link: http://metaops.com/explore/
12 times ROI in the first 6 months on the implementation effort.
A multi-billion dollar complex manufacturer contracted to produce Air-borne Microbiological Threat Detection apparatus, must meet on-time delivery and profitability targets. MetaExpert helped lower scrap and rework 90%, meet a 95% or better delivery schedule, and increased productivity 40%. Generating nearly 20% profitability.
15 to 1 ROI generated on MetaExpert Resource investment within 6 months
This multi-billion dollar complex manufacturing and assembly organization also designs, builds and installs complex transportation vehicles, track and controls. A new program required a fast-track approach to meet tight deadlines and budget parameters. An aggressive and seemly ‘ not doable’ schedule to deliver was met with a 50% faster assembly time and no temporary workforce; assembly processes were completed 15% below budgeted cost.
Retail Services Provider Achieves 75% Reduction in ‘Issue Incidents’
Point-of-purchase streaming video and advertising retail service provider for global brands and producers needed to transform performance in the in Store Data Management. The MetaExpert helped them reduce ‘issue incidents’ affecting customers by 75% and increased customer satisfaction. Bottom line: reduced 10% of overall support costs.
Call Center Operation Reduces Labor Costs by10% in 90 Days
Detroit based global call center operation was experiencing high turnover and error rates and were at risk of losing a large customer. In 90 days the MetaExperts increased productivity 13.8% and generated $500,000 in annual savings.
State Government Tackles State-Wide Enterprise Information Management
A State department responsible for state-wide IT services supporting all state agencies with millions of daily users has contracted with MetaOps to support development and implementation of an overall-strategy and tactics for enterprise information management. A Team of MetaExperts are currently supporting the building of models, analysis of shared data, business requirements, and needs to support an enterprise-level steering committee in determining strategy and tactics to realize their vision.