You must be logged in to view this page.
Richard has over 25 years of experience delivering executive-level procurement and supply chain solutions to organizations of all types Richard has developed extensive experience working domestically and internationally as a leader, instructor, coach, project practitioner, consultant, and engagement director with many high performing organizations. His leadership efforts have led to measurable business results through process effectiveness and efficiency, unparalleled customer satisfaction and superior market performance. His ability to leverage his deep expertise, outstanding collaboration skills and a bias for results has yielded millions of dollars of benefits to the bottom line for his clients. His primary focus is on the strategic deployment and execution of organizational performance improvement methodologies with an emphasis on the application of Lean Six Sigma.
Area of Expertise
- Procurement Leadership & Effectiveness
- Process Performance Improvement
- Lean Six Sigma consulting, training & coaching (Master Black Belt)
- Change Management & Communication
- Strategy Development
- Leadership Development& Training
- Strategy Alignment & Execution
- Innovation & Change Techniques
- Sample of organizations served: COTT Corporation, Home Shopping Network, InterActive Corporation, Pentair, Thyssen Krupp, General Dynamics and Boeing.
- Recent assignment in Energy and Renewables resulted in a $40.1M annual procurement cost reduction in 7 months completed and on the books for 2017 performance.
- Total Transformational change of sourcing from top to bottom for a leading renewable energy systems provider for utilities globally.
- Speaker for ISM, Institute of Supply Management, National Conference Orlando 2011. Topic was “Power Up! Become a Strategic Influence with Your Company’s Indirect Procurement Spend”.
- Principal level consulting specializing in procurement and supply chain efforts. Transformational changes to drive efficiencies and right sizing spend for various clients.
- Past Vice President of Procurement for FMCG turn-around, responsible for $1.5B in direct spend and $300M in Indirect. Reduced the COGS by 11% or $31.8M during my tenure, contributing approximately $740,000 per month in savings.
- Expertise in IT, ITO, BPO, Logistics, Marketing, HR, Real Estate, Transportation, Corporate Services (Travel) Energy, Capital Equipment and MRO across several industries such as Consumer Goods, (FMCG), Manufacturing, Financial Services and Technology.
- Implemented supplier partnership programs that provided competitive advantage while ensuring premium quality supply and a reduction of total systems costs by utilizing open book and cost unbundling strategies and methodologies.
- Accelerated downstream projects such as real estate renewals to leverage poor market and reducing property taxes resulting in approximately $4M in actual savings.
- Developed the procurement department for Home Shopping Network- built and led for 4 years. Collaborated with InterActive brands and aggregated their spend for Enterprise Agreements across multiple business Units..
- Reduced costs of $11.5M by consolidating $105M print spend between Expedia, Ticketmaster, Home Shopping Network and Lending Tree.
- Operations experience in 3rd party manufacturing, demand planning, international logistics, manufacturing transportation and distribution, finance, marketing, risk management, consumer affairs and recycling with profit and loss accountability.
- Terminated 3rd party IT provider after bidding for like services, awarded to Cap Gemini and simultaneously implemented SAP that reduced our costs by $4.5M annually.
- Right sized $100M Logistical spend by bidding for competitive rates and best in class providers. Awarded to multi-dimensional providers that we could utilize all their provided services. This represented a $5M reduction for truck routes alone.
- Lead the Supply Chain team to rebid the UPS contract for HSN, this represented a $30M reduction on a spend of $175M. We also developed partnerships for International logistics, freight forwarding, ocean freight and customs.
- Political Science, University of Missouri, Columbia.
- B.S.B.A – Communications-Saint Louis University