Iconic Global Fashion Retailer Increases Volume of Store Upgrade Conversions by 150% in 90 Days and a Deployment Cost Savings of $15 Million
A $15 billion global retailer of casual and hip fashions for adults and children was developing a new merchandizing strategy that included store upgrades and conversion to new point-of-sale (POS) systems. The San Francisco, Calif.-based company needed store conversions to happen at the rate of 50 per night between 9:00pm and 7:00am, but because of various supply chain and leadership challenges, they were only achieving 15 conversions each night. This was costing big money in lost revenues and customer satisfaction. MetaOps, Inc. provided a MetaExpert™ to help the retailer create supply chain, leadership and deployment team policies and processes that would make it possible for them to achieve and maintain the 50 conversions nightly goal.
The MetaExpert™ provided the company with governance structure, stakeholder engagement, collaborative, teamwork and partnership processes, deployment systems, review and adjustment tools and buy-in for transformation methodologies. These included:
- Establishment and facilitation of a Collaborative Executive Governance Team including key suppliers and contractors.
- Establishment and facilitation of Internal Brand Customer Collaborative Sessions for Partnership Development.
- Planning and Facilitation of Collaborative Design Sessions for Deployment Processes.
- Facilitation of Command Center Performance Reviews each morning with new scorecards and dashboards.
- Execution of a Rapid Deployment Change Methodology with stakeholder understanding and ownership.
With the Operational Excellence, Business process Improvement, and Transformation leadership, supply chain teams and procedures firmly in place, the company was able to realize:
- A cost-of-deployment savings of $15 million
- A designed and verified new deployment approach in 60 days
- Achievement of the 50 store per night conversion within 90 days
- Deployment to all 2,600 stores was completed three months ahead of schedule
- Conversion of 2,600 stores completed ahead of schedule – restoring brand confidence
- Quality of conversion improvement of 150%
- Conversion cost savings of $15 million against prior process results
Client Skills Required: Steering Committee, Transformation Buy-in, Deployment Capability, Stakeholder Ownership, Value Stream Mapping, Policy Deployment, Balanced Score Card, Rapid Deployment, and High-Performing Teams
Contract Length: 90 days
Support by MetaOps, Inc. MetaExperts: OpEx training, Collaborative Executive Governance and High-Performing Teams development, Collaborative Sessions for Partnership and Deployment development, Lean Six Sigma & Value Stream Mapping, Performance Review process and implementation, Rapid Change Deployment