You must be logged in to view this page.
CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP
Philip has over 20 years experience as a consultant and industry practioner in operations and supply chain management. Phil has worked in a broad cross section of the manufacturing industry including automotive, machine building, industrial products and process industries. His areas of expertise lies in operations, business process improvement, project management, ERP, PLM and e-commerce projects. He also serves as an APICS instructor for CSCP and CPIM classes.
He holds a Bachelors Degree from Ohio University, Phi Beta Kappa, and an MBA in Operations Management/Supply Chain from Case Western Reserve University. He holds CFPIM, CIRM and CSCP certifications from APICS and will soon be certified as a Supply Chain Transformation Architect by MetaOps.
Area of Expertise
- Project Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning & ancillary systems
- Process Mapping, Analysis and Improvement
- Manufacturing Management
- ERP, Lean Enterprise & APICS education & training
- Lean Six Sigma application in Operations and Supply Chain
- Sample of organizations served: Siemens Automotive, United States Mint, Merrill Technology Group, Textron Automotive, Dott Industries, BrassCraft, Holland Hitch, Quality Mold, Imco, Siegel-Robert, Webster-Hoff, Zelinka Nursery, Universal Flow Monitors.
- Plant Manager for manufacturer of transmission test machinery and equipment. Responsible for overall operations of machine building company including purchasing and service.
- Operations Manager for specialty chemical company supplying the steel industry.
- Shipping & receiving, warehousing supervisor for automotive supplier of foam seating.
- Experienced in implementation of various ERP software packages including PeopleSoft, QAD, Epicor, Visual, Symix, JBA and Fourth Shift. Experience includes project management of Automated Data Collection Systems (ADCS) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Project manager for process improvement project for multi-site automotive supplier using QAD including shipping & receiving, inventory, production scheduling and reporting functions.
- Instructor for APICS CPIM and CSCP classes. Instructor of the year in 2005 and 2011.
- Past committee member of APICS National Curriculum & Certification Council, involved in CPIM courseware design.
- Project manager and author of BDO Seidman’s ‘Comprehensive Guide to Manufacturing (ERP) Software’.
- Developed and delivered one, two and three day Manufacturing Conceptual Training classes. Tutored other consultants in presentation of class.
- Organized 2000 & 2001 APICS Detroit e-business forums including survey of members’ e-business use and panel discussion of results.
- Project manager for implementation of Commerce One solution (Click2Procure) for indirect procurement for Siemens Automotive including indirect spend analysis and software implementation.
- Involved in developing business relationship with Commerce One, a provider of indirect procurement software. Completed long-term assignment assisting Commerce One in developing and testing BuySite e-commerce procurement functionality for clients.
- Project leader and team member for multiple e-business strategy development projects for automotive suppliers and for AMT, a manufacturing trade association.
- Led consulting and company team on production reporting process improvement for 5 site automotive supplier using CMS ERP system.
- Served as subject matter expert for development of Service Level Agreements (SLA) for several IT organizations.
- Member of team performing IT and manufacturing due diligence for merger of two Tier 2 automotive suppliers.
- Manager of business relationship for consulting firm with Apexon, a supplier of SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) software.
- Contributor to manufacturing blogs on various subjects such as implementation approaches, project management and process improvement.
- A. Ohio University
- MBA Case Western Reserve University
- Professional Training: (PMI) Project Management Institute PMP certification workshop, QAD ERP Production & Materials Management training, Epicor ERP Financials, Production, Scheduling, APS & Configurator training, APICS Instructor Development 2 day workshop, Arthur Anderson consulting skills workshop, Arthur Anderson business development workshop, APICS Lean Enterprise workshop, Visual ERP Production training, PwC Project Management Workshop, PeopleSoft Production & Materials Management training
- Pending – Certified Supply Chain Transformation Architect Certification (CSCTA) by MetaOps – 2015