You must be logged in to view this page.
Paul has over 30 years of experience delivering executive-level consulting to leading companies in government, aerospace, chemical, automotive, consulting, communications, medical and service industries. Paul has developed extensive experience working domestically and internationally as a leader, instructor, coach, project practitioner, consultant, and engagement director with many high performing organizations. Very effective in energizing and leading diverse teams of professionals in highly competitive industries and fast-paced environments. Strong business, technical, and performance improvement qualifications utilizing Lean Six Sigma methods. Proven ability to align executives around performance priorities, target key areas for improvement, and apply collaborative methods that deliver stakeholder ownership for significant and lasting performance improvement.
Area of Expertise
- Enterprise Transformation
- Process Performance Improvement
- Lean Six Sigma consulting, training & coaching (Master Black Belt)
- Change Management & Communication
- Enterprise Frameworks (SCOR, ITILv3)
- Leadership Development & Training
- Strategy Alignment & Execution
- Innovation & Change Techniques
- Sample of organizations served: Motorola, DuPont, WIPRO, Solvay, Timet, Avon, United States Department of Defense, Boeing, U.S. Coast Guard.
- Revenue and Customer Satisfaction improvement for a Fortune 500 company as a consultant, developing and implementing a transactional order management process in ninety days that improved accuracy of orders by 30% and reduced cost of order processing by $4 million annually. Improvements led to a 7% growth in revenue booked increasing sales by $18 million annually, and a substantial increase in customer satisfaction.
- Strategic cost reduction in procurement for a Fortune 500 company as a consultant; implementing a fast-track supplier and part qualification process in ninety days, reducing time to qualify from 244 days to less than 60 days; supporting a move to less costly global suppliers that saved over $200 million annually.
- Cost reduction through collaborative design of global electronics for a fortune 500 company, as a consultant. Leadership of multi-company collaborative Lean Six Sigma design sessions to identify opportunities and quickly implement printed circuit board designs to match supplier process capabilities, resulted in a 6% reduction in procured cost for a $23 million savings annually.
- Development of a Lean Six Sigma Performance Improvement Capability for a Fortune 200 company, as an Executive Master Black Belt. Included the selection of methodologies, definition and delivery of black belt and executive training program to over 4,500 executives worldwide, as well as project consulting and coaching to insure successful use of the methods on strategic projects.
- Turnaround of banking records service centers as a consultant. Challenged to take the six most troublesome of 45 centers nationally, improved margin by 15% from a negative 10% to a positive 5%, and increased customer satisfaction by improving average response time from 72 hours to 30 hours.
- Turnaround of first tier aerospace manufacturing contractor as its CEO, increasing revenue by 30% and margin from a negative 5% to a positive 8% in one year by leaning of operations and collaboratively working with the customer on business planning.
- Turnaround of a troubled medical equipment company as its General Manager, driving a 13% gross margin improvement. Implemented lean operations methods across international facilities and simplified product portfolio offerings.
- Start-up of a surface mount technology contract manufacturer as General Manager, including all decisions and commitment of facilities, equipment, hiring of key executives and initial contracts. Successfully delivered the first contract on schedule and margin, and achieved ISO 9001 certification.
- Performance improvement of a $1 billion military jet fighter program as a Red Team Director for program recovery, resulting in achieving scheduled deliveries and reducing cost by $35 million annually.
- Established a new operations division to perform in-field aircraft support resulting in a 20% growth in revenue from $130 million to $156 million and improvement in on-time deliveries from 64% to 95%.
- Successfully led a business software development project involving the Air Force, Boeing/McDonnell Douglas, and Arizona State University to innovate new methods in software application for the Advanced Composite Production Center reducing scrap by $15 million.
- Master Instructor for Motorola University in Lean Six Sigma, Change Management, Marketing for Six Sigma, and Design for Six Sigma.
- SCOR Instructor for the Supply Chain Council.
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering Design, Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Ks
- MBA, Wichita State University
- Program Manager, Raytheon
- Lean Six Sigma, Boeing
- Design for Six Sigma/Marketing for Six Sigma, Motorola University