You must be logged in to view this page.
Director of Services
Patricia has over 23 years of experience delivering executive-level consulting to product and service organizations, corporations and government entities. For over 20 years, Ms. Patricia owned and directed a full-service marketing firm specializing in marketing program project management. Services included new-market promotional stance design & implementation, public & press relations, trade & consumer show positioning, print & web site merchandising, catalog management & design, advertising creative & placement, internal systems development & training, event management, and full publishing services (including research, writing, editing, design & advertising sales for: magazines, books, directories, catalogs, newsletters, brochures, press kits, grant proposals, sponsorship campaigns, training manuals, reports, articles, and press releases).
Area of Expertise
- Business and marketing plan inception, evolution, and implementation;
- Direct marketing (traditional and digital);
- Ambient, television, outdoor, radio and print advertising;
- Branding and business identity development;
- Event management, meeting planning, and trade/consumer show positioning;
- Graphic design, technical illustration, and design integration;
- Print media and collateral design;
- Project management;
- Writing, editing, copyediting, and technical editing;
- Public and press relations;
- Research, focus group mediation, studies, needs and feasibility assessments, surveys, and data analysis;
- Television and multi-media program production;
- Website design (brochure-style to e-commerce) and internet marketing.
- Sports Event Management: Secured 900 $10,000 applications (goal was 200) for paid crew positions for a round-the-world yacht race via an East Coast tour through six ports between Miami and Boston of one-design yachts. Involved planning ports of call events, working with customs and local government, all promotional programs and material design, publicity, securing venues, scheduling accommodations, and arranging insurance and permitting.
- Yacht Builder: As the high-tech boatbuilder’s director of marketing/agency for 14 years, her traditional and online cross-media publicity and advertising campaigns were attributed with generating $28 million in sales of $60,000-$320,000 vessels. Campaigns included establishing an owner-sell network, trade show sales programs, press junkets/cruises, and online virtual sails among many others.
- Florist: Designed and developed full-service florist e-commerce site that increased sales the first year by $40,000, and is now considered the company’s profit and growth center.
- Health and Fitness: Pioneered an innovative membership retention program that increased retention by 38% in the southwestern region and was integrated at the corporate level.
- Hardlines Retail: Designed an integrated accounting/ordering/inventory control/point-of-sale software system for this $60,000 company that virtually eliminated the company’s persistent 4% waste problem.
- Political Campaign: Created and managed a regional media campaign that is considered by the candidate to be the reason she was elected even though she was a latecomer to the election and a relative unknown.
- County Fair: Increased sponsorship revenues from $55,000 to $135,000 in one year despite the fact that the second year experienced the 2008/2009 economic crisis.
- Air Show: Generated $50,000 of sponsorship revenues in 30 days during the economic downturn.
- Hardware: Co-led the print to online transition team that turned the company from a $3 million-a-year operation to a $10 million one.
- Industry Association: Developed an on-the-water sales program that became the organization’s most successful marketing-for-members program; it is still the model in the industry after 15 years.
- Pet Supplies: Turned a $6,000 marketing investment into a $1 million company in 18 months; the company manufactures “homemade” gifts for dogs.
- Magazine Publishing: As editor of this new publication, she managed an advertising team of one; together they generated $30,000 in advertising the first month and $170,000 by month 12.
- Community Initiative: Created a community survey program that had a 48% response rate (industry high-side standard is 2%).
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, Marketing/Communications
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, English/Technical Writing & Editing
- Portland State University, Portland, English/Communications
- George Washington University, Washington, DC, English/Communications