You must be logged in to view this page.
Jim de Vries
Jim has over 15 years of experience delivering executive-level consulting to product and service organizations. Jim has developed extensive experience working domestically and internationally as a leader, instructor, coach, project practitioner, consultant, and engagement director with many high performing organizations. His leadership efforts have led to measurable Lean Six Sigma business financial results through process effectiveness and efficiency, unparalleled customer satisfaction and superior market performance. His ability to leverage his deep expertise, outstanding collaboration skills and a bias for results has yielded millions of dollars of benefits to the bottom line for his clients. His primary focus is on the strategic deployment and execution of organizational performance improvement methodologies with an emphasis on the application of Lean Six Sigma.
Area of Expertise
- Process Performance Improvement
- Lean Six Sigma consulting, training & coaching (Master Black Belt)
- Change Management & Communication
- Strategy Development
- Leadership Development & Training
- Strategy Alignment & Execution
- Innovation & Change Management Techniques
- Supply Chain & Risk Management
- Project Management
- Sample of organizations served: GE Energy, GE Navy Nuclear Operations (DOE), Air Products & Chemicals, Dominion Resources, Ford, CH Robinson, Tyco-ADT, Visteon, Lear, Merrill Lynch, Johnson Controls, Nonni’s Foods, John Deere, SigmaFlow, Six Sigma Academy, Maple Leaf Farms, New York Times, Air Liquide, Bosche, NCR, University of Dayton Research Institute – Wright Patterson Air Force Base (DOD), Conoco-Phillips, Danfoss and Northrop Grumman.
- Trained/Deployed 1000+ personnel globally in CAP/LSS/DFSS/TRIZ; closing 1000+ projects (B2C and B2B) in Product and Transactional Environments (front and Back-Office). Documented Savings $500+MM and Customer Claimed Savings of $200+MM.
- Global Director for a Fortune 500 clients in their Business Excellence area leading regional teams through the global design and deployment of an integrated management operating system.
- Collaborated with client executives to develop business plans that align corporate strategy, operations strategy & 6 Sigma process improvement projects that deliver highest ROI.
- Facilitated organizational transformation through leadership development & training, strategy development & alignment, organizational infrastructure design, process management, change management & strategic Lean Six Sigma business improvement services to Fortune 500 companies.
- Chief Architect and Leader of LSS Re-Deployment for a $10B company: $650M per BB per Year ($130MM per year within three years).
- Startup deployment of $36M Savings within 18 months ($650M/Project).
- Directed Sales, Finance, Operations and Operational Excellence personnel at CH Robinson to exceed business objectives (20% EBITDA$ Growth Rate – 3 years running). Developed and sustained operating balanced scorecard achieving customer satisfaction/loyalty of 5.0 for all customers while achieving the highest employee satisfaction.
- Coach & train Executives, Master Black Belts, Black, Green & Lean Belts. SSA Consulting and Oriel Consulting Services worked as member of a core practice of professionals providing corporate transformation through leadership development & training, strategy development & alignment, organizational infrastructure design, process management, change management & strategic 6 Sigma business improvement services to Fortune 500 companies.
- Launched and directed GE Six Sigma program for 400 Field Sales and Operations (Exempt and Hourly) for transactional quality leading all regions ($20MM) and Customer documented savings ($50+MM). Achieved Highest Regional Documented Savings: $20+MM; Highest Documented Customer Claimed Savings: $50MM. Highest Operating Margin Enhancement: 4.6% of Sales.
- Added $100+MM in Top-Line Sales by utilizing Six Sigma in one year. Created Customer driven ROI methodology to drive internal sales ($300MM) and customer plant availability (95%).
- Collaborating with Senior Leaders, led the revitalization of Air Product’s Continuous Improvement program (Accelerated Deployment) to create pull project pipeline environment enabling Balanced Scorecard Operating environment. ($650M per BB per year, 165 BBs; 15 MBBs):
- FY13 à FY14: P&L Benefits ($79MMà $131MM), Reduced Cost ($38MMà $81MM)
- Architect of the Business Operating Model: Balanced Scorecard Cascading Metrics from Strategic, Tactical and Operational levels across all organizations. Instituted tailored application based project roadmaps.
- Led AIM VOC/DFSS New Product/Service Blueprinting across all four AP business: 240 personnel; 40 Projects, $6+MM and growing.
- Led CI infrastructure development in GROW and PLAN: Benefits $55MM ($266M per project) in 2 years.
- Direct global supply chain transformation ($2+ MM benefits).
- Developed custom training curriculum for clients’ executive leadership, Middle-Management, Project Sponsors, Black Belts, Master Black Belts, Green Belts, & awareness sessions (LSS, DFSS, Change Management, Project Management, Payback Analysis, Assessments, Supply Chain, VOC, Financials, Account Management).
- Air Products Led Programs (’11 to ’14): Invoice to Cash Redesign; Accelerated Deployment; Supply Chain Redesign; VOC New Product / Service Development; Maturity / Capability Modeling à Multi-Generational Planning; Balanced Scorecard (Operating Modeling) à Linking Financials to Operational Metrics; Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and Business Analytics (BA) Strategy and Roadmap; Enterprise Process Management (EPM).
- Presentations and Workshops: Singapore Government (’04); ISSSP (’04); iSixSigma, (’09, ‘11); IQPC (‘10).
- Provided Professional Training: Lean Six Sigma, Design for Six Sigma (GE), Sales CRM/Tollgates (GE), ACFC VOC (GE), Account Management (GE), Sales Tollgates (GE); Demand Driven Planning (GE, AP), P&L Financial ROI/Payback Studies (GE, CH Robinson), Project Management (GE, CH Robinson), TRIZ (SSA), SCOR/APICS (CH Robinson), Theory of Constraints (SSA), Systems Thinking (SSA), and Variation Transmission Analysis (SSA).
- Training: AIM Blue Printing Innovation Blue Belt (’14), SCOR (’08), APICS (’09), Systems Thinking (’03); Theory of Constraints (’03); Process Flow Simulation (SigmaFlow: ’03; VarTran: ’04; Crystal Ball; ’05: iGrafix); TRIZ Training (‘01 – ‘02); Leadership Development (’09,’12); Change Acceleration Process (M&A) and Six Sigma Integration (‘00); NCCE Understanding Financial Statements (‘01); GE Road to Customer Impact (‘99); Design for Six Sigma (GE: ‘99; SSA: ‘01-05; Tyco-ADT ’05); GE Variance Based Thinking/Stable Operations (‘99); Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control (GE: ’98; Tyco-ADT: ’04; AP: ‘12); GE Tollgates (’08); GE Asia Commercialization Contract Risk Seminar (‘97); GE Market Planning (’96); GE Asian Leadership Development Course (‘96); Toshiba/GE Change Acceleration Process (‘96); GE Change Acceleration Process (’95); GE Managing Account Potential (‘96); GE Contract Analysis Risk Exposure (‘94); GE Interpersonal Communications Workshop I (‘93); GE Managerial Skills Development Course (‘91); GE Negotiating Skills Workshop (‘91); GE Turbine University (‘90-‘91); GE ABC Course (Electrical Engineering) (‘89-‘91); GE Professional Development Course: Basic Principles of Installation, Maintenance & Operation of Steam & Gas Turbines & Generators (‘90); GE Engineering Management Operations Course (‘90); GE Effective Presentation (’89); GE Nuclear Operations Program (‘87 – ‘88).
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Physics Minor, University of Dayton
- MS Electrical Engineering Courses, Union College (Schenectady, NY)
- Edison (ABC) Engineering Program – GE
- Nuclear Operations Program – GE
- SCOR (2008)
- APICS (2010) CSCP