You must be logged in to view this page.
George iJGiiC is an innovative and result driven leader focused on achieving exceptional results in highly competitive Global markets, with over 16 years of experience. A master Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen Facilitator, George consistently increases productivity by reducing costs and improving quality results focusing on the world class operating methodologies (Lean Six Sigma, Achieving Competitive Excellence, Supply Chain and Operational Excellence). Proven track record building world class continuous improvement cultures. Expert instructor in process improvement theories: Lean, Value Stream Mapping, Achieving Competitive Excellence, Operational Excellence, and Theory of Constraints. Builds cross functional teams that exceed corporate expectations. Possess a proven track record of cost reductions through continuous improvement initiatives that total over 64 million dollars in hard savings.
Area of Expertise
- Value Stream Mapping – Manufacturing, Transactional, Supply Chain
- Leadership of Standard Work
- Kaizen Events – Master Kaizen Sensei
- Material Flow / Logistics / Visual Controls
- Multi-Sites Project Management
- Strategic Process Implementation
- Policy Deployment & Hoshin Kanri
- Process Budgetary Planning P&L
- Metrics Performance
- Lean Manufacturing Transformation
- Manufacturing Optimization
Example industries and organizations with specific experience & expertise
Free-Lance Consulting / Training January 2014-Present, Member: MetaExperts team.
- Conduct large scale events to include but not limited to Value Stream Maps (mixed model, business process/transactional, operations) Cell Designs, Kanban & Andon Systems, Root Cause Analysis & Mistake Proofing, 5S, TPM, Process Certification, Quality Clinics, Line Back Logistics, Supplier Integration, etc.
- Create Enterprise Level Lean Transformation Strategies for industry in: Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Healthcare, Food Processing, Distribution, Services, Insurance, Aftermarket and Manufacturing. Build World Class Lean culture through training and Lean Management techniques. Create and Implement Policy Deployment, Leadership Standard Work, Quality Clinics, 5S, TPM, and EH&S programs, Governance and Compliance.
- Work directly with all levels of the organization. Normal day is working with C-level, Senior Management as well as the shop floor. Conduct large scale events to include but not limited to VSM’s (mixed model, business process, operations) Cell Designs, Kanban & Andon Systems, Root Cause Analysis & Mistake Proofing, 5S, TPM, Process Certification, Quality Clinics, Line Back Logistics, Supplier Integration, etc.
Duggan & Associates (Contractor)
Senior Consultant July 2013- January 2014
- Increased productivity of Fuel Industry client by 47% within 6 months by implementing flow line through the use of, pitch boards, line balancing (P-Q analysis, Product family Matrix, balance charts, level loading), point of use tooling, world class visual factory guidelines, picking zones for material, standard work for line delivery and quality clinics.
- Met key milestones by the implementation of policy deployment (Hoshin Kanri). Reduced quality escapes by 30% through process certification and the implementation of a Turn back system.
- Increased inventory turn from 7 to 13 by controlling inventory through Kanban, supermarkets, line balancing, FIFO lanes and line back logistics.
- Created Enterprise Level TPM program for Aftermarket and Manufacturing sites.
- Created standard work for operators which reduced labor times by 26%.
Hamilton Sundstrand Miramar-Florida & Puerto Rico Repair
Deputy GM & Continuous Improvement Site Manager 2010-2013
- Managed and control expenses in a 100 million dollar a year MRO which customer base includes Military, Commercial and Regional Aircraft.
- Create TPM program for United Technologies Aerospace at Corporate Level.
- Created Visual Factory Guidelines with Corporate Office for United Technologies Aerospace.
- Increased site inventory turn from 2.5 to 7.0 within a two year period through Kanban and Line Back Logistics.
- Over saw performance of 22 direct and 155 indirect report employees. Responsible for developing culture and competency through structured training and implementation of events .
- Developed strategies and culture to maintain the prestigious ACE Gold Certification, a guarantee of world class excellence from the United Technologies family.
- Trained, led and implemented all continuous improvement events for strategic alignment of corporate objectives to meet scope, schedule and budget.
- Have P&L experience of a 100 million dollar a year MRO facility of a Fortune 50 company that is rated number one site in the world by a third party customer market feedback group for three years in a row.
- Managed multiple sites, including HS Miramar and HS in Puerto Rico.
Sikorsky Aircraft Company
Development Manufacturing Manager 2008-2010
- Responsible for up to 56 direct reports, to include but not limited to, quality of workmanship, safety, Lean training, union labor relations, time keeping, TPM and 6S audits.
- Led Kaizen events to eliminate highest driver of cost of poor quality on the Canadian CH-148 development program.
- Directly responsible for all continuous improvement initiatives and Supplier Integration.
- Led all departments including Programs, Quality, Engineering, Flight Test and Supply Chain to meet scope, schedule and budget of a development helicopter program.
- Supported all Quality and Lean initiatives
Contractor for Bombardier
Avionics Technician – 2006-2008
- Avionics technician tasked with avionic refurbishing of Challenger and Lear Jets.
- Responsible for reading aircraft wiring schematics and interpreting blueprints to perform modifications on Aircraft avionic systems.
- Modified Aircraft systems to meet new revision requirements.
United States Air Force
Guidance and Control Avionics Technician 2001-2006
- Responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting avionics systems on C-17A Globe Master.
- Analyzed all avionic operating equipment to isolate and eliminate Aircraft malfunctions.
- Managed Aircraft scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance.
Provided technical training instructor for 2 years at Charleston AFB, C-17 school for guidance and control avionics.
Master of Business Administration in Aviation
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University World Wide Campus (December 2012)
Bachelor of Science in Professional Aeronautics
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University World Wide Campus (August 2007)
Associate of Applied Avionics Technologies
Community College of the Air Force, Charleston Air Force Base, SC (May 2004)
Stanford University IATA Management Certification
Certification Date May 2012 – Present License AVMP Cert NR-7904241766
Stanford Advanced Project Management Certification
Certification Date Jun 2009 – Present
Six Sigma Black Belt- Georgia Technical University
Certification Date May 2009 – Present
Supply Chain & Logistics Certification- Georgia Technical University
Certification Date Dec 2008 – Present