You must be logged in to view this page.
Andres has over 20 years of experience in the operations excellence field, working domestically and internationally in manufacturing, service, IT, and government organizations. He has been a leader, instructor, coach, project practitioner, consultant, and engagement director with high performing organizations, and is a motivator, change agent, and tool and technique master and trainer/educator who can lead cross-functional, difficult Lean and Six Sigma improvement projects to successful completion. Exceptional diagnostic, design, and execution skills coupled with superior consultative and communication and presentation skills have led to measurable operations improvement results through process effectiveness and efficiency. His ability to leverage his deep expertise, outstanding collaboration skills and a bias for results has yielded millions of dollars of benefits to the bottom line for his clients. His primary focus is on the strategic deployment and execution of organizational performance improvement methodologies with an emphasis on the application of Lean Six Sigma.
Area of Expertise
- Process Performance Improvement (Service, Manufacturing, Government)
- Lean Six Sigma consulting, training, coaching, curriculum development
- Change Management
- Leadership Development & Training
- Translating Strategic Objectives to Operational Plans/Strategy Alignment
- Logistics/Supply Chain/Inventory Optimization
- Microsoft Business Solutions (MOS integration with SharePoint)
- Managing Complex Enterprise Projects
- Quality manager for the refurbishing of aircraft electric generators.
- Selected organizations served: Citrix Systems, IBM, GE, Emerson, Accenture, Citibank, DoD, US Postal Service.
- Selected career titles held: Associate Vice President Organizational Excellence; Director of Quality Assurance; Lean Six Sigma Senior Consultant; Director of Operations.
- Independent Consultant for Citrix Systems: helped lead the stand-up of the Lean Six Sigma Program for the newly created Finance Excellence function.
- Manager/Senior Consultant in Accenture: led the NY Metro Region Lean Six Sigma deployment in the award-winning US Postal Service LSS program rollout.
- AVP Organizational Excellence in Sutherland Global Services: developed and implement plans to conduct turnaround/recovery of underperforming residential mortgage business unit.
- As Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Consultant Engagement Lead in Calibre Systems, Led the execution of 7 enterprise improvement projects with savings in excess of $50 million for the US Army Central Command. These projects were in Logistics, Supply Chain, and business processes.
- Reengineered the mortgage operations “end-to-end” fulfillment activities (processing, underwriting, closing) for mortgage BPO to increase gross contribution margin from 20% to 40%.
- Created SharePoint-centric enterprise business measurement system to centralize KPI collection, analysis, and dissemination in the core operations of financial services firm.
- Developed and implemented various Excel-based software tools to convert data into information: conducted analysis of underwriting quality audits and customer Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys to enable operations improvements.
- Redesigned the Requirements Change Order process of the US Army Logistics Civilian Augmentation Program, LOGCAP, reducing cycle time 60%.
- Developed software (Excel/SharePoint/SQL database) to support the redesigned LOGCAP process for increased velocity and repeatability of $4 billion in life support services to personnel in the Afghanistan war theater.
- Provided guidance to senior management in the deployment of enterprise-wide Lean Six Sigma in manufacturing, financial services, government organizations.
- Created resource pricing tool for generating complex proposals (RFQ’s) for General Electric Motors and Industrial Systems, resulting in Six Sigma quality level and 25% reduction in workforce needed.
- Developed the operational plan to support the strategic growth plan of the newly created mortgage origination unit of a national bank.
- Set up infrastructure (physical and IT hardware/software), operating procedures, staffing, training, and regulatory compliance for a mortgage origination firm.
- Established operating procedures and process flow using Design for Lean Six Sigma (DFLSS) in manufacturing and financial services.
- Led a manufacturing organization’s quality system including Software Quality, Business Process Quality, Manufacturing Quality, and Product Reliability.
- Collaborated closely with a manufacturing organization’s functional area managers to incorporate Malcolm Baldrige criteria into the business operations.
- Trained teams on Quality Tools, Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, and Kaizen.
- Led initiative to restructure inventory management system to reduce inventory costs and improve inventory shortages resulting in $3M yearly savings.
- Implemented ISO 9000 in new manufacturing plant in Reynosa, Mexico.
- Improved quality and lead times in all plants by implementing Quality Tools, TPS, Lean, DMAIC, and Six Sigma.
- Created enterprise-wide Quality management system (manufacturing, service, and business processes).
- Developed green field plans for the production of superconducting industrial magnets and associated cryogenics: facilities, manufacture, QA, risk mitigation.
- Led the project for the manufacture of Westinghouse turbine generator coils, improving yield from 80% to 98% and lead time from 3 weeks to 12 days.
- Worked with engineering to optimize manufacturing processes in the pre-production and production phases of IBM’s mainframe CPU substrates increasing yield from 68% to 86%.
- Coached and mentored 70+ performance improvement projects in the USPS.
- Trained Lean Six Sigma Black Belts for client organizations following various curriculums (Accenture, George Group, USPS, US Army).
- Past member ASQ, ASTL and PMI.
- Master of Business Administration – The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
Scored in the 99th percentile in the Graduate Management Admissions Test
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Florida International University, Miami, FL.
Awarded fellowship in Graduate Studies in Thin Film MOSFETs
- Professional Training:
General Electric – Six Sigma
George Group University (Accenture) – Lean Six Sigma