You must be logged in to view this page.
Adriano has over 19 years of experience, including international assignments with 2 years in China. With excellent interpersonal skills including 2 other languages and extensive experience leading cross-functional, cross-continent work groups to deliver highly complex Projects and Strategic Planning initiatives, he is a good listener with great empathy for different cultures. Proactive, process and task focused individual who has achieved excellent results in Vehicle Engineering and Program Management, proven meeting functional and cost targets consistently. Considerable business, commercial and analytical skills, able to make facts based decisions.
Area of Expertise
- Vehicle Integration Skills
- Decision Maker of conflicts between Vehicle Attributes and Systems
- Program Management
- Gatekeeper of KPIs and Scorecards
- Energy Specialist – Fuel Efficiency, Performance and Drive Quality
- Process Performance Improvement
- Gatekeeper of Process Statistical Control.
- Specialist of Total Preventive Maintenance / Total Productive Manufacturing.
- Organizations served: Magna Steyr Engineering China (MES), General Motors Corporation (GMC), Ford Motor Company (FMCo), Itaute-Philco S.A. (IPSA), Visteon Automotive Systems (VAS), FCA China, Chery Technical Center Shanghai
- Team Member of Innovation Group at MES focusing on development of New Energy Vehicles (PHEV, HEV, EV)
- Go-To-Person of Pilot Program Integrator at FMCo – System to track fulfilment of Deliverables within all GPDS
- Team Member of Process Development Group at MSE
- Facilitate organizational transformation through functional development & training, strategy development & alignment, creation of templates supporting standard works and Black Belt Projects
- Solid experience in Vehicle Integration duties: Trade-off among Vehicle Attributes (Performance / Drive Quality / Fuel Economy / Vehicle Dynamics / Safety / Noise, Vibration & Harshness / Human-Machine Interface / Durability / Mass / Aerodynamics / Climate Comfort / Seat Comfort / Illumination & Systems (Powertrain / Electrical / Chassis / Body / Interior)
- Responsible for Market analysis and benchmarking
- Led the Performance target setting and development
- Champion of benchmark and validation testing
- Gatekeeper of Program Gateways and Milestones
- Secure fulfilment of Deliverables on time with quality by all Stakeholders: Engineering / Finance / Purchasing / Marketing / Manufacturing / Design / Quality
- Responsible to implement and manage the Change Process and control it within all product development
- Decision maker to technical/financial feasibility analysis
- Responsible to removing roadblocks within entire Product Development period, from Advanced Engineering to Start of Production + Process Stabilization.
- Champion of PST Meeting (Program Steering Team) offering guidance on solutions and strategy by being intimately involved on all aspects of program management
- Coordinating the development of the Engineering Development and Launch Timing Plan with manufacturing to integrate it into the overall technical program plan
- Manage the budget approval process and execute elements controlled by Program Management within the Program budget
- Specialist of Fuel Efficiency, Performance and Drive Quality
- Led the development of enablers in all vehicle systems: Powertrain / Roadload / Accessory Loads aiming compliance to INOVAR I and II at GMC and China Phase III-IV CAFE Regulation at MSE. Improved Average Fuel Efficiency by 17% at GMC and 8% at MSE
- Responsible for the Feasibility analysis during Request for Quote phase
- Champion for simulation and correlation with physical test, ensuring benefit from all enablers
- Complete understanding of the process and common rules for obtaining and maintaining national, regional and international protection of patent and trademarks worldwide
- Responsible for Patent analysis (Basic research) / Patent searching (Novelty, Infringement), drafting and prosecution
- Key Contact with Patent Offices around the globe (USPTO / INPI / EPO / JPO)
- Responsible for the creation and updates of docketing manuals and procedures.
- Gatekeeper of Process Statistical Control
- Specialist of Total Preventive Maintenance / Total Productive Manufacturing
- Key point of contact with customers & suppliers focusing on cost reduction and recovery plans
- Champion of the slashed cost Multimedia products US$19/unit by negotiating pricing and fees
- Post-Graduated in Project Management – Bahia Federal University (Brazil – 2010)
- Post-Graduated in Intellectual Property – Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil – 2004)
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Emphasized – University of Industrial Engineering (Brazil – 1997)
- New Energy Vehicles at Magna Steyr Engineering
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified at General Motors Corporation
- Leadership Skills I & II at Ford Motor Company
- Intellectual Property INOVA Campinas at Itautec-Philco S.A.
- Learning Organization Course at Visteon Automotive Systems
- Continuous and extensive in-house training at all Companies in a variety of Quality and Engineering disciplines