MetaExpert Kellen was brought on board to lead a study that focused on lean policy deployment and order-to-delivery (OTD) improvement. According to MetaExpert Kellen, current state analysis determined that there was:
- no visual management
- no leader standard work
- no cross-functional communication or collaboration
- no daily metrics tracked or reviewed
- no daily structured problem solving
- no cross-functional training or knowledge understanding across departments or production floor processing capabilities
In addition, product sales had increased by 35% with no capacity planning or production availability preparation.
MetaExpert Kellen leveraged his expertise in process improvement strategies to get the company back on track. He was able to:
- achieve lean policy deployment implementation,
- complete and develop cross-functional training
- Develop and utilize plant capacity model to align sales team with operations available capacity and capabilities
- develop and improve router instructions for the scheduler to properly utilize plant equipment capabilities and capacity
MetaExpert Kellen’s know-how and hard work have set the company up to see OTD improvements of 100% with an increase from 45% to 90% with just 4 months.