MetaExpert Daniel served as Project Manager to a well-known clothing manufacturer and retailer with over 1,1000 stores located on 3 continents. Daniel’s proven expertise was key to substantial cost savings and process improvements.
A key part of Daniel’s role in overhauling this Major Retailer’s logistics process was to provide the initial kick off strategy guidance to Executive Management. Thanks to his track record of operational excellence, Daniel’s first step was to conduct due diligence with internal and external resources to capture the “AS IS” state of logistics operations. He then created a Work Breakdown Structure for the Project Plan to realize the “TO BE” state.
Once Daniel had determined the end-goal for this Major Retailer’s logistics, he:
- Developed, monitored, and controlled the Project Plan
- Conducted a weekly status update meeting with the Executive Management team
- Created and administered RFI.
- Created RFP, disseminated, crafted scorecard, and scored RFP responses
- Conducted negotiations
- Defined and facilitated implementation of activities to transition from the existing provider and onboard the new provider
Daniel’s diligent actions identifying opportunities through Value Analysis and Value Engineering led to reduced costs and processes improvements including:
- Led $2.4M initiative related to indirect spend for retail stores
- Generated savings close to $1M (40%) reduction from incumbent 3PL/4PL provider
By partnering with a MetaExpert like Daniel, this well-known Retailer was able to see a considerable return on their investment. Daniel leveraged his operational improvement know-how and implemented a 7-step strategic sourcing methodology that drives proper alignment with potential 3PL replacements. As a result, Daniel secured for the company an initial cost savings of nearly $1 million.